Saturday, November 10, 2018

Hobby Gaming: November - Works in Progress

I haven't posted any hobby things for a while, so I thought I'd share a few projects where I have made some progress.

I've basecoated the model rocket in white, and added some weathering (sat it in tea).   Not sure if I'm going to do much more, since the stark look reminds me of NASA spacecraft.  I will probably add some identifying numbers (maybe use some of those model airplane transfers that have been in storage forever?) and some clear plastic to the viewports.

I've also done some work on my mixed "Space Lizards" - I think I may eventually add some actual "Star Slann" to the mix.



Here are some closer pics of the "Space Lizards"




These models still need some finishing touches, along with work on the bases.

They are close to "table ready" - where they only have to look great from about two or three feet away.  ;)










The Rocket Ship is from Green Toys   http://www.greentoys.com/green-toys-rocket


The Lizards are a mix of GW Plastic Lizardmen from the late 1990s, and  Garn miniatures from Khurasan miniatures 28mm Sci-Fi line, with some conversions using GW bitz.
http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/28mmscifi.html





I have started a new job, so have been very busy with that transition.   One of the cool things about the new position is that in the spring term, I may be able to host a weekly games night at the school.

1 comment: