Saturday, October 27, 2018

Theater: Acting! Brilliant! Thank you.

One of my hobbies  - that doesn't involve collecting and building models and toy soldiers - is theater.   For this hobby, I collect costumes and props.  ;)



I perform in live theater shows, as well as doing historical reenacting.

This was something I was very involved in as a teen,       https://ccct.org/       and for part of my time in college.    I also played the role of a Warsaw Pact soldier for part of my time in the US Army, but I'm not sure if that counts - although tanks and armored personnel carriers make pretty cool props!


I got involved in the Great Dickens Christmas Fair (if you are not familiar with it, it's kind of like a Rennaissance Faire, but set in the Victorian era, and with a Christmas theme) a few years ago, and found it more fun to attend when dressed up so I would fit in.     https://dickensfair.com/


At the Dickens Fair as a customer - 2013 (iirc).
Dickens Day at the school where I was working
at the time, with a great coworker.



The last year before I left (the Banana Republic of) California, I joined the cast of the Dickens Fair.


My mom visiting me at the Dickens Fair -
Crystal Palace / Great Exhibition stage - 2016.
Victorian Ball with my dance partner, Virginia.
Hogwarts Ball, again with Virginia.




















This led to me starting to learn period ballroom dancing, and attending themed dances with a great group of people, who are one of the small number of things I miss about CA.   http://peersdance.org/


The long-suffering chauffer.
A fun dinner show that we did as a fundraiser.




















Now that I am in Nevada, I have become involved with two local theater groups, as well as being a somewhat active member of the Nevada Civil War Volunteers, an ACW reenactment group that primarily engages in educational activities.   https://www.nevadacivilwar.org/
Giving the new singer in town the once over.

Everyone seems to be turning on Vince - is he a killer?






No comments:

Post a Comment