Friday, November 29, 2019

Black Friday - More Minis for the Mob - and finally some painted Enforcers

We've had some snow here in NW Nevada, so while the roads are a mess, it makes sense to stay home and assemble and paint minis.

The one problem with the plan is that the spray primer doesn't like the cold, but I was able to get some primed before it got too cold and wet.

On my project table this week, I have had some Spellcrow torsos that are cast with the arms and weapon.   On one hand, they are resin, require cyanocrylate glue, and are not that fun to work with.   On the other hand, I don't have to mess with gluing arms, and trying to make sure that the arms and weapons match up, and attach properly to the torso.  I also had the cyanolcrylate glue out to attach the variety of resin heads I have collected from various manufacturers (Anvil and Victoria, for sure, maybe others as well).
I have also been working on some space marine scouts, to get ready to play Lost Patrol.  Most of them didn't get primed before it got cold, so will appear in a later blog post, along with the dreadnoughts I have been working on.

This Space Marine scout has evidently been loaned out to the Praetorian Imperial Guard.  That, or he's been watching "Gunga Din", "The Man Who Would Be King", and "Zulu" again
A few more soldiers in turbans to flesh out the squad I completed earlier in the month.


Hey L-T!   I think you'd better check on that one guy in the rear rank - he looks kind of sketchy to me.



A Genestealer Cult brood brother tried to infiltrate the unit!
The blue beret is because I am a retired "Defender" - USAF Security Forces.


I finally got some of my Palanite Enforcers painted up.   I started out by going with the khaki trousers and green tops that the rest of my human army has, as the cops would be scooped up into the militia pretty quickly, but then decided to give them blue tops.

That militia unit called in a  report about a possible alien infiltration, better take a team and check it out.

I hope to get some more finished up and photographed before the end of the weekend.

As always, I hope that this inspires you to work towards your own hobby goals, and your feedback (especially encouragement) is welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment