Saturday, June 6, 2020

Meng CN171 Military Truck




After long delays, I received a Meng "CN171  Military Truck" that I ordered a few months back.

While there is no scale listed, this is thought by many to be a 1/100th scale model, as the vehicle it depicts is supposed to be huge - like an industrial mining vehicle.

Since I generally work with minis in the 25-35mm scale ranges (mostly 28mm and "heroic 28mm/32mm), I test fitted it together so I could do a scale comparison.  I will disassemble it later,, partially assemble it using light glue application to help it stay together, and then do a final assembly after painting, as there are smoky/translucent window panels included in the kit that I do not want to paint.



The kit is robust and easy to build, with snap-fit parts.   I have built some of Meng's World War Toons models, as well as one of the other trucks in this series (Wandering Earth), and like them both as models, and as models for miniatures gaming, as they are durable and not as fragile as many model kits that are made for display only.



While I would love to see a version of this model that was 20-50% larger, since it is a little smaller than I'd like for the heroic 28mm minis that I use most often, it is acceptably sized (YMMV).

There is another Meng version of this same vehicle, which seems to be a little larger and more "realistic" - but I have not seen a kit available, just an article about it.

https://toylandhobbymodelingmagazine.press/2020/02/18/new-from-meng-model-1-100-mms-003-cn171-miltary-truck-full-kit/






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the size conparison, really helpful, another kit I'll be looking to get!

    ReplyDelete