Saturday, October 27, 2018

Hobby Gaming: Leaping (Space) Lizards!

I was inspired by my recently delivered Garn miniatures from Khurasan miniatures 28mm Sci-Fi line
http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/28mmscifi.html   to revisit an older project of converting some plastic GW Lizardmen for use as 'cold blooded villains' in Pulp Sci-Fi skirmish scenarios.



Here's a basic Garn warrior.






They scale well together, with the Garn being slightly larger than the plastic GW Lizardmen.

While I have not basecoated and painted these minis yet, I have put some wash on a few of the minis to make them more photogenic.



I used some GW parts to accessorize the Garn, including using Conversion Beamers from the old Chaos Weapons sprue.



The Lizardmen are armed with a selection of Imperium, Ork, and Eldar weaponry, from the bitz boxes.




The plastic lizardmen suffer from being three part minis - with the left arm sculpted in place, and the head allowing minimal repositioning.   My idea was to use a variety of weaponry to add variety to the poses. 

Hope they inspire you.






No comments:

Post a Comment