Saturday, September 28, 2019

Hobby Therapy 9/28


It has been a busy month - teaching at a new school, rehearsals three nights a week, and a 2 hour + commute every day.   Weekends have been about catching up on chores and sleep, and a quick trip to visit mom.

This is the first time in three weeks that I have had time to do some "hobby therapy".    I did some clean-up and organizing in my work area (still a disaster zone) and put together a few models.

One thing I was doing, to relax, was to fiddle around with a variety of miniatures, doing some simple "kitbashing" experiments to see what looks good together.

These included quite a few of the humanoid factions from Warlord's Antares game, some Wargames Atlantic Raumjagers, and some Dreamforge infantry, as well as the ever-present GW bitz.



No painting today, but I did manage to get some minis primed - including one SM that had fallen off the tray three weeks ago and was waiting patiently on the ground next to my priming spot.

My other recent hobby activities included listening to a few episodes of my friend Jim's new miniatures gaming podcast.

https://daysofhighadventurepodcast.podbean.com/

While listening to Jim, I did a few more hours of work.  Here are the results.

Some mix and match with Raumjager and Cadians.   The one on the far right is an Antares body with Cadian arms and a Dreamforge head.

GW Cadian with Raumjager rifle, and a "pure" Wargames Atlantic Raumjager. 

Raumjager and Cadian mix, SM head on R, Dreamforge head on L.

The taller one is a Shieldwolf "Sisters of Faith" body, the Cadian and Raumjager are shown for scale..

More mashups.

A small horde of Ghar from Warlord Games Battle Beyond the Gates of Antares

The Ghar support section stands ready to lay down some cover fire.

The first Ghar assault section - I put these together first, and was still figuring out the legs.

The second Ghar assault section.




No comments:

Post a Comment